Each year, the Santa Cruz County Chapter of the American Red Cross recognizes 10 local heroes, nominated by the people of Santa Cruz County. We are now accepting nominations for our 2008 event!
2008 Hero Nominees may be:
- A friend, family member, neighbor, co-worker, etc.
- A professionally trained life saver such as a paramedic, doctor, fireman or policeman
- A Good Samaritan or a role model that has had a significant impact on the community
Criteria for Nominations:
- Nominees must live or work in Santa Cruz County
- The heroic act does not need to have occurred in Santa Cruz County
- The heroic act must have occurred after January 1, 2006
- If you have submitted a nomination form within the last two years and your hero has not been selected to receive an award, he or she is still eligible. Please re-submit your nomination for consideration.
How to Nominate your Hero:
Complete a nomination form. Please mail, email or fax your nomination form to:
American Red Cross, Santa Cruz County Chapter
2960 Soquel Avenue, Santa Cruz
All forms must be received no later than April 1, 2008. Forms are also available on our website: www.sccredcross.org.
Proceeds from the Heroes Breakfast will benefit American Red Cross lifesaving programs and services within Santa Cruz County.
If you have further questions, please contact Lindsay at 831-462-2881 ext. 14.
Leave a Comment
No comments yet.